March 15, 2020
Dear Valued Clients,
As we monitor coronavirus (COVID-19) and its potential impact to our clients and community, please know your health and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) recommendations on the steps to help prevent the spread of the virus.
After careful research and consideration, we are recommending that our clients and staff implement the practice of “social distancing “ as part of a vital effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus, and ultimately prevent our healthcare system from becoming overwhelmed with critically-ill patients.
Our office is implementing a set of temporary policies aimed to support the needs of our clients while keeping in line with best practices for social distancing.
Effective Monday, March 16:
- All visits with Dr. Nielsen will be transitioned to a secure, easy-to-use video format. This will allow face-to-face appointments via your computer screen at your scheduled date/time. Alternatively, phone appointments are available. All scheduled patients will receive detailed instructions via email.
- In an effort to reduce the number of clients entering our building, we ask that you consider online product purchases. You are also welcome to phone the office with your order and pick-up at the front door.
- Use of our infrared sauna will be temporarily discontinued.
- Acupuncture services will remain available as we monitor local coronavirus activity. Treatment rooms will be alternated and rooms will be disinfected with windows opened after each treatment.
- Any person with fever or symptoms of respiratory illness will not be permitted to enter the building. Clients with a history of foreign or domestic travel within the past 14 days are encouraged to not enter the building.
- Clients with non-critical lab orders are asked to postpone their lab draw until further notice.
We understand the uncertainty you may be experiencing with this situation and encourage you to take appropriate steps to safeguard your health and that of your family and community. We will continue to monitor this evolving situation and lift the restrictions when deemed appropriate.
We appreciate your cooperation and support of our practice and team members and hope to serve as an example by utilizing technology to continue serving the needs of our clients and community.
Carin Nielsen, MD, ABIHM, IFMCP
Katherine Winslow, LAc, RAc, Dipl.OM
413 Waukazoo Ave. Petoskey, MI 49770