YOUR CONSULTATION IS THE FIRST STEP TO FINDING YOUR BALANCE.
Dr. Nielsen sees both new and returning clients using a secure video-visit format, allowing a face-to-face visit via your computer or tablet screen from the comfort of your home.
Initial consultations with Dr. Nielsen generally last 45-60 minutes. Prior to your appointment, you will be asked to complete a comprehensive health history and we will obtain copies of your medical records when possible.
You can expect your experience with Dr. Nielsen to be different from other providers:
• You will feel heard, and you will have plenty of time to tell your story and explain your concerns.
• Your relationship with Dr. Nielsen is considered a partnership. You will be encouraged to ask questions and voice any concerns.
The information gathered at your initial visit, as well as data collected from any labs or diagnostic studies ordered, is used to create a personalized treatment plan. Dr. Nielsen will consider all appropriate therapies – both conventional and alternative. Depending upon your concern, recommendations will vary and may include:
- Advanced laboratory testing including; thyroid, hormone or micronutrient testing, advanced cholesterol testing, or evaluation for gut imbalance or food sensitivities
- Dietary counseling and/or a customized diet plan
- Vitamins, supplements, or herbal therapies
- Recommendations for evidence-based holistic therapies (such as massage or acupuncture)
- Referrals to outside specialists or other diagnostic testing
- Stress reduction techniques or meditation
- Bio-identical hormone therapy
- Prescription medication or adjustment of current medication